Being Sheep

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep."John 10:14-15

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Didn't you want a girl?

I've heard this question or a variation on it several times since we received our referral of Little N. The truth of the matter is that when we first began the process, we wanted to request sibling girls. After discussion and prayer, we decided that we would be open to either gender, and accept whoever we were referred.

Once we realized that we would have to continue waiting for so much longer if we kept saying we only wanted siblings (as in, we would still be waiting for a referral now!) we decided to be open to only one child.

We were referred a healthy baby boy. :) It was totally not what we were expecting. We had been open to a toddler/preschool age child, and had also been open to many physical special needs. But S and I had talked much about the possibility of adopting an infant for our next adoption, because we both wanted to "do the baby thing" at least one more time. I guess we're doing it now!

We're so excited to bring N home, we really can hardly wait! Little boys are so much fun--cars and trucks, light sabers, sound effects, lots of jumping and running, and lots of dirt! What could be more fun? While we also would have been excited about a girl, I don't think we could possibly be more excited than we are now.

We're very open at this point to God's leading as to when we should adopt again, and where from. We have no definite answers right now, but we have some time to decide. We will most likely be adopting a slightly older child/ren our next time around, but like I said---we'll see. It may be a girl, boy, or sibling group. Who knows where God will lead? (Well, of course God does. But as much as I've requested some e-mails or writing in the sky from him about his detailed plans, he hasn't done so. I guess he wants me to have more faith or trust or something. Yeah, I'm working on that!)

Keep watching the blog; once we are home I will be posting pictures from our trip and of N, as well as journaling about our trip. Thanks for reading!

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment