Being Sheep

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep."John 10:14-15

Thursday, December 30, 2010

12 Days of an Adoptive Family's Christmas

You may have seen the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaD8xat6VDw of the "12 Days of a Large Family Christmas." If you haven't, you should check it out--it's funny!

So I was thinking this morning about an adoption version and decided to write it up for fun. All of these are questions or comments we've actually gotten about our adoption. :)

On the first day of Christmas a well-meaning person said to me: “Why Ethiopia?”

On the second day of Christmas a well-meaning person said to me: “How much did he cost?” and “Why Ethiopia?”

On the third day of Christmas a well-meaning person said to me: “Didn't you want a girl? How much did he cost? Why Ethiopia?

On the fourth day of Christmas a well-meaning person said to me: “Wow his hair is curly! Didn't you want a girl? How much did he cost? Why Ethiopia?”

On the fifth day of Christmas a well-meaning person said to me: “You're just like Angelina! Wow his hair is curly! Didn't you want a girl? How much did he cost? Why Ethiopia?”

On the sixth day of Christmas a well-meaning person said to me: “Couldn't you have gotten a puppy? You're just like Angelina! Wow his hair is curly! Didn't you want a girl? How much did he cost? Why Ethiopia?”

On the seventh day of Christmas a well-meaning person said to me: “Why was he given up? Couldn't you have gotten a puppy? You're just like Angelina! Wow his hair is curly! Didn't you want a girl? How much did he cost? Why Ethiopia?”

On the eighth day of Christmas a well-meaning person said to me: “Where is his real mom? Why was he given up? Couldn't you have gotten a puppy? You're just like Angelina! Wow his hair is curly! Didn't you want a girl? How much did he cost? Why Ethiopia?”

On the ninth day of Christmas a well-meaning person said to me: “He looks like Obama! Where is his real mom? Why was he given up? Couldn't you have gotten a puppy? You're just like Angelina! Wow his hair is curly! Didn't you want a girl? How much did he cost? Why Ethiopia?”

On the tenth day of Christmas a well-meaning person said to me: “So now you must be done? He looks like Obama! Where is his real mom? Why was he given up? Couldn't you have gotten a puppy? You're just like Angelina! Wow his hair is curly! Didn't you want a girl? How much did he cost? Why Ethiopia?”

On the eleventh day of Christmas a well-meaning person said to me: “Does he have AIDS? So now you must be done? He looks like Obama! Where is his real mom? Why was he given up? Couldn't you have gotten a puppy? You're just like Angelina! Wow his hair is curly! Didn't you want a girl? How much did he cost? Why Ethiopia?”

On the twelfth day of Christmas I graciously replied:

“That's a very personal question!”

“No we are not done.”

“I don't see the resemblance.”

“I'm standing right here.”

“That's a very personal question!”

“We like children more than puppies.”

“I have no response.”

“Black people's hair is often curly.”

“We like boys very much.”

“He is priceless.”

“And because our son was there!”

No comments:

Post a Comment